New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rest Up With Miles

September 13th (Friday): 3 miles (23+) at 6:25am with Goup. Foam roll and made a protein shake for breakfast. Decided to have a bowl of cereal too. I didn't have to make lunch because I was have a work lunch with my project manager and the owner of the company. Work 7:30am-4pm. 2 hour lunch work meeting in the middle of the day. The purpose was to catchup with me and receive feedback on how the project was going at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. 

Home by 4:30pm. Steady rain in the evening hours forced me to wait it out and run around 7:45pm. I killed time by eating a Clif Bar, yogurt with granola, fruit stripe, and kettlecorn. Out for 8+ miles (57:57). I was slow to get out the door so I thought listening to music would help on my run. Wrong! I lasted 2 miles before I pulled off to use the bathroom in the woods. Back on the road with the headphones wrapped up and tucked away in the half tights. The remaining miles were spent listening to the light rain and silence of the night. Very soothing and easy recovering run. Home to make a protein shake and get to bed at a decent hour.

 Yogurt with granola and a Nature's Path Crunchy Granola Bars.

September 14th (Saturday): 7am wakeup, on the couch. Oh well. Bowl of oat bran with New Hampshire maple syrup and vanilla almond milk.  Classic and so delicious.

 Don't worry, I stirred it up.

Down to Clifton Park at 9am to carpool up to Saratoga to preview some of the course and pick up my bib number. Up to Saratoga to run a 5+ mile (37:55) loop with Karen and Crystal (3.5 miles with them on the course and added on extra by myself). Inside the hotel for the mini expo and packet pickup. Photo booth fun. And it was free.

Boom!

Home by 11am. From 11am-6pm was spent mostly on the couch. So many good movies on television and I ate a whole bunch of food to fuel up for the half marathon on Sunday. Food included a bowl of cereal, a bowl of yogurt with granola and a Clif bar to dip in the yogurt, lots of grapes, strawberry fruit stripe, half a bag of kettlecorn and a chicken wrap.

 BBQ chicken/sauteed mushrooms, onions and spinach/ranch dressing

Out at 7pm for another 6++ miles (46:13) to make it 11.5 miles on the day. Back to foam roll and ice the calves. Protein shake. Some more yogurt and bed by 10:45pm. Palio Half Marathon tomorrow morning at 7:30am.

Always clean the 2 pound yogurt container out with a spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment