New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Better Than I Thought

500th post, woohoo!

September 16th (Monday): Slept in after a wonderful night sleep. Protein shake for breakfast. Taught NCO first thing in the morning to start the week off right. Chicken wrap for lunch with a whole bunch of snacks since I packed a huge lunch. Normal day of work 7:30am-4pm. Busy week overall with all the preparation for EHS management systems audit. Lots of "running around" completing things. Home to have a mug o' cereal and a Clif bar before getting out for a run.

Just the right amount before the run.

11 miles (76:16). First 7 miles with Goup and added on some more. A bit of soreness, but nothing serious. I was surprised with the springiness in my step. I had an emergency stop around 9 miles or so. I found some woods, but jumped into a bush that I thought I could make it through. Instead, it was a pricker bush that was thickly grown. Ouch. Found a compost/grass clippings pile down the ways that I contributed to nicely.

I looked back at the immediate week after New Bedford (2 years ago, 67:56) and I barely ran 5 miles on the trails the next day. No workout during the week to just recover. This year is much different. Breezed through 11 miles and a planned workout on Wednesday or Thursday.

Back to the house to foam roll, relax and shower up. Made myself an omelet for dinner. Cooked up pasta and chopped up some veggies for a cold pasta salad (lunch for work tomorrow).

September 17th (Tuesday): 6am wakeup. 4.5 miles (32:24) on my own at 6:25am. Protein shake for breakfast. Packed up the lunch (cold pasta salad - onions, red peppers, spinach, and some marinated chicken) and work 7:30pm-4:30pm. Another busy day. Home to have a bowl of cereal and yogurt with granola (dipped Clif bar in it) before the 2nd run.

9.7 miles (69:42) plus 6xstrides in the complex parking lot. 15 miles on the day and another solid day of recovery divided into 2 runs. Back to do lots of foam rolling and fueling up with a protein shake. Bed at a decent hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment