New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sleeping Like A King

July 22nd (Monday): Accidentally slept in. Work 8:30am-5pm. Burrito mix and snacks for lunch. Hannaford's for a few items. Sat on the couch for about 5 hours before heading to bed. Set about 4 alarms on two different devices and triple checked them all before finally falling asleep. 1st day off.

July 23rd (Tuesday): Oat bran. Taught new contractor orientation first thing in the morning. Chicken wraps. Work until 4:15pm. Down to Raymour & Flanigan to purchase my mattress! Made the executive decision to get the king sized mattress (and not a pillow top). Next day delivery and over to Target to check out sheets. None I liked. Stopped at the Homegoods/Marshalls combo and took about 45 minutes to pick the right ones. Ralph Lauren. Home by 7:30ish. Cleaned up the room and the house for the mattress delivery as well as some laundry.

July 24th (Wednesday): Work 7:00am-8:30am. Home to have my mattress delivered. Back to work by 9:15am until 4:00pm. Amy's frozen enchiladas for lunch. Home to wash the mattress pad, eat a Clif bar and head to my co-worker's volleyball game down the road. Chilled and had dinner there. Philly cheese steak, fries and a brewski.

Back home to sleep in the new bed!

Before (yeah, no box spring).

After. Big Badaboom.

July 25th (Thursday): Thought I wouldn't be able to get out of bed because it was so comfortable, but I did. Another morning of NCO teaching. Cancelled because there weren't enough people. No biggie. Normal day. Lugged a bunch of ERT equipment around in the afternoon.

Another stop at Target, Marshalls/Homegoods and TD Bank. Home to do some dishes and marinate some chicken. Cereal and a protein shake for dinner. Chilled and bed. Foam rolled and sticked the legs to keep massaging the crap out of my legs. Tuesday was the worst day for soreness and slowly getting better.

July 26th (Friday): Protein shake for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. Bomb lunch. Home to just chill and take care of a few things. Paid some bills and filled out my paperwork for free microfiber sheets from Siemens. Woohoo! Run at 6:30pm.

Veggie explosion.

4.5 miles (31:00). It felt like I ran the US Mountain Championships on Sunday and took 4 days off. Everything locked up at about mile 1, but worked through it. No major aches or pains. Just overall soreness.

Home to do lots of stretching, foam rolling and icing. Bed at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment