New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, August 29, 2013

6 x Mile

August 26th (Monday): Tired. Slept in until 6:50am. Protein shake for breakfast and off to work. Chicken wrap for lunch (made the night before with Sweet Baby Ray's). Home by 5pm. Run with Goup and Shaun in the Luther Forest trails. Just shy of 10 miles (68:08) through the pouring rain. Lots of slipping and sliding, but a solid run. Home to make more chicken wraps with some hot mamas for dinner.

From the farmer's market in VT.

 Pickled cucumbers and hot peppers.

August 27th (Tuesday): 6:10am wakeup. Out for 3 miles (20:52) at 6:30am on my own. Protein shake for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4:15pm. Home to relax and I am officially fed up with the Subaru Outback's constant issues. I am attached to it, but I could use a new whip. I started to research away online and finally changed up for my workout around 5:30ish. 6xmile with 400 rest. Derrick stopped by before I could make it out the door so it delayed my departure a bit. Finally I was on the road to Burnt Hills High School at 7pm.

3.25 mile warmup (21:08) through the neighborhoods. Over to the track to do a couple strides and switch up the kicks into these babies:

I forgot how amazing these Nike Streak 4's feel on my feet.

6 x mile: 5:05, 5:04, 5:03, 5:01, 4:58, 4:56.

Kept the rest honest at 1:40-1:45 (last rest interval at 1:31). Everything was wicked even and smooth. Streaks felt great and happy with the results. Total time: 40:17. 5:23 pace overall.

3.25 mile cooldown (21:29) through the darkness. On a huge runner's high towards the end of the cooldown and on the car ride home. Protein shake and a spinach/onion omelet for dinner to rebuild the muscles I just ripped into shreds. Bed at a decent hour. 14 miles for the afternoon and 17 miles on the day.

Topped with ketchup and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment