New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Girl Look At That Body! I Workout!

June 27th (Thursday): 6:30am wakeup. 2 miles (NT) on my own. Protein shake for breakfast. Chicken and avocado wrap for lunch with a couple snacks. Home to relax for a while (mentally preparing for the heat and the track workout) before gearing up for the car ride.

Over to Burnt Hills high school by 7pm. 2 mile warmup (14:49) through the neighborhoods. Walked over to the track and noticed about 30+ high school football players ready to do some track work on the homestretch. Hmm. A few odd looks as I walking towards the group (thinking this skinny kid is planning on joining the team in the fall?) Walked over to the starting line to change into flats and stride it out on the backstretch. I slowly approached the group and before I could say anything, one of the kids asks "You want us to stay clear of lane 1?" I nodded in agreement and thanked him. I was gonna talk to the coaches, but no need to anymore. I trotted down the homestretch and heard the kid say "Alright, move over to lane 2 guys!" Sweetness. Two days in a row. Genuinely nice people. Woohoo!

6x800, 6x200. 400 rest between the 8's and 200 rest between the 2's.

2:22, 2:21, 2:21, 2:19, 2:21, 2:18. Keep the rest honest.
32, 33, 31, 31, 30, 29. Boom.

6 miles on the track in 33:43. Laid on the track and could feel the heat radiating off my body. Walked it back to the parking lot to throw a shirt on for the cooldown. 2 miles (15:20) through the same neighborhoods as the warmup. With a freshly shampooed car, I placed my extra shirt on the back of the seat and a plastic bag to sit on. I need to purchase a couple beach towels for these occasions when my shorts are drenched with sweat and I am still sweating driving back to the house.

Home to make a open wrap turkey burger with peppers and onions topped with ketchup. Upstairs to crash after a nice 12 mile day.

Housed it down with a fork & knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment