New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Not Sore? Cool.

June 10th (Monday): No morning run. Oat bran and a protein shake for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. Chicken, spinach, and ranch wrap for lunch (paid off to cook up a bunch of chicken over the weekend for wraps and whatnot). Finished off the vanilla wafers. Clif Bar.

Stopped at the house to pick up the printer (without the power cord). Over to Target so I could exchange it. No hassles which was nice. The new printer was in a immaculate box so I knew I had nothing to worry about. I kept the receipt anyways. You never know. Purchased spray sunblock and aloe.

Back to the house to chill and do some dishes.

10.5 miles total (66:40 + 6xstrides in the parking lot). Legs felt great. It's funny that 3.7 miles of uphill pavement on an auto road doesn't make my legs too sore. 4 egg omelet with spinach, onion and mushroom. Ketchup and hot sauce. A solid recovery meal.

 Dyno-mite!

June 11th (Tuesday): 6:15am wakeup. Out the door by 6:30am for 3 miles (20:31). Work 7:30am-4pm. Taught contractor orientation. Smaller group, but worked out well. Another chicken, spinach and ranch wrap for lunch with a Clif Bar.

Pouring rain as Goup and I departed from work. Stopped at the grocery store for a few items. As soon as I walked in the door, I started chopping vegetables and preparing mad food. Ate a bowl of cereal as a snack. Ground turkey, peppers, onions, and rice. Mixed it all up with pinto and black beans. Added a bunch of seasoning, salsa, hot sauce and an avocado. Burrito mix in a big red bowl (lunch for the week).

Prepared dinner for the night as well. Asparagus with minced garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. An Idaho and sweet potato cut up drizzled with maple syrup, ground cinnamon, salt and pepper. Chicken breasts with minced garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, mushrooms and onions, and paprika (for color). Tossed everything in the fridge.

Over to Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake high school for a workout. The goal was 10x400 and 10x200 with full rest. 2.5 mile warmup (16:22 plus strides). Felt out the first few intervals and decided to cut it short. 8x400, 7x200. A couple obstacles that threw me off from the start. Main gate was closed so I had to jog around the back way (wayyy longer). A steeple was located in the first 3 lanes on the turn into the backstretch (didn't notice before the start). Some high schooler was practicing the high jump and told me not to move it as I was moving it off the track. I moved even with bits of broken glass in the 1st lane. I ain't running barefoot. I shouldn't need to worry.

8x400: 74, 74, 73, 72, 72, 71, 70, 71
7x200: 34, 34, 33, 34, 33, 32, 34 (lost count, oh well)

I didn't force any the times and just cruised. The next gear wasn't there, but fast enough for what I am attacking this upcoming weekend. Sloshed back to the car through the poorly drained soccer field. Short cooldown of 1.5 miles (11:04) and home to "make" dinner (aka toss everything in the oven at different times). Mmmmm.

Bed at a decent hour after a hot shower and foam roll session.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment