New Bedford

New Bedford

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Better Than AC

June 24th (Monday): No morning run. Protein shake for breakfast. Burrito mix for lunch. Work 7:30am-4:00pm. Muggy and sticky outside. Sweating just standing around observing. Stayed hydrated.

Down to Target and Home Depot immediately after work. Picked up a couple box fans, Clif bars, and car air fresheners (black ice) at Target. Roamed through all the aisles and departments. Over to Home Depot to pick up safety (ANSI Z87.1-2010) sunglasses for work and some Gorilla tape for the loose rubber molding on the driver side front door.

Storm ripped through Ballston Lake so waited it out with television. 10 miles (68:48) with Goup along the bike path around 7:30pm. Home to stretch, foam roll, and cook up my marinated chicken. Spinach, avocado, BBQ sauce and chicken wrap. Mmm. So good and yet so simple.

Made a decent Runningwarehouse order (trainers, half tights, and Body Glide). I set up my box fans (one pointed inwards in one window, the other pointing out another window) right when I arrived home (from the store) and closed my bedroom door. When I headed up to crash for the night, I stepped into a icebox. Felt amazing. Added a blanket to the the single sheet for the night. No big deal. Probably was about 8-10 degrees cooler in my room than the hallway.

 Reminded me immediately of Bob Wiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment