New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wowzers


June 3rd (Monday): 6:45am wakeup. Protein shake and everything bagel with honey for breakfast. Hobbling all around the house to get ready without hurting myself. Work 8am-4:30pm. Walking funny all day because my quads were so sore. It's the downhill that kills me. Cowboy sandwich for lunch (ham, turkey, bacon, mayo). Sunburn was in full swing as well.

Big grocery run at Hannaford's. Lots of organic and non-GMO food. Home to chill and FaceTime with my mom for a bit. I could barely walk for most of the day. Quads were locked up from all the downhill.

An extremely easy 7 miles (55:53) and I might not quite hit 7 miles. First mile was 8:55 and I didn't feel like I loosened up at any point in the run. Home to "stretch," but no foam rolling because it was too painful.

Line of sunburn from Bretton Woods.
 
June 4th (Tuesday): No morning run. Heat on my legs before work. Attempted foam rolling, but still too painful. Oat bran and a protein shake for breakfast. Work 7:45am-4:15pm. Even with all my grocery shopping, I was too tired to make any real food yet. Double decker PB&J on semi-stale bread.

Stopped in Almost Saratoga for a beer with a couple coworkers. Home to get in an easy 8+ miles (65:24). First mile (same one as yesterday) was 8:15. Better, but still pretty friggin sore. Heat and ice has been aiding in recovery. Protein shake for dinner. Bought organic strawberries and raspberries to add to my shakes. Another great addition to the shakes. Boom.

More fun at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment