New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Calm Before The Loon

July 5th (Friday): 7am wakeup on my buddy's couch. Zombie walked to my car about a mile away. Drove to work. Showered at work. Work 8am-4pm. A ghost town so computer work was completed along with a full site inspection (on the John Deere buggy). Sausage egg and pepper jack cheese with sriracha sauce. Buffalo chicken wrap with the works for lunch. Both bought in the cafeteria.

Home to nap for about 3 or 4 hours. I am not sure. I ended up waking up at 11:15pm and changing up for a late night run. Out the door by 11:45pm. 5.5 miles (38:58) through the back neighborhoods. Relaxing run. Back to the house to stretch, foam roll and eat some food. Bed by 2am.

In the shade at work.

July 6th (Saturday): 7am wakeup. Just shy of 9 miles (59:47) before the humidity hit. The last couple miles I started to feel the heat. Made it back to the house to foam roll and take a cold shower. Cleaned my room, packed my bags and made a couple chicken/avocado/spinach/BBQ sauce wraps. Ending up eating one on the spot and wrapping the other one (I had to use two small wraps to hold all the filling) in aluminum foil. Nalgene bottles filled and snacks in the bag.

Recharged my AC system in my car and drove the first 45 minutes with AC. Disappeared. I knew it wouldn't be for the whole car ride because I could see the leak while I was charging the system. Oh well. I think I will try the sealer next week. Worth it for the summer months. Inexpensive overall.

4+ hour trip to The Loj (in Woodstock) to meet Ian and his helper, Casey. He graduated Tufts in 2012 so The Loj is open for Tufts current students and alumni. Ian invited me and it's only 15 minutes from Loon. Boom.

Drove over to the river for a shakeout 5+ miles (38:22) on my own. I wish I had my phone because I ended running up this secluded backroad that turned into dirt. The sign said "Camp 4 Sale." There were a bunch of little cabins along the river. They were siiick. Back to the river to soak for 10 minutes and change into some dry clothes.

Over to Loon with Ian and Casey so they could scope out the scene for filming. Stopped at Da Choppa in Lincoln to grab peanut butter, bagels, bananas, and Cherrios. Dinner and breakfast. Watched this ridiculous documentary on Martin Strel. This Slovenian guy that has swam the entire Amazon River and some other crazy long rivers. The Amazon took him between 66 days for 3273 miles. Craziness. Ridiculously funny, yet powerful message in the end. Bed by 10:30pm.

Bunk house. Coolio.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out last week. whats that brown stain on one of those bunks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What shout out? From Mt. Washington? Brown stain is a pair socks.

    ReplyDelete