New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, June 17, 2011

Full day

June 17: projected 8-10 miles. Haven't run yet.

What did happen today was the three ranger districts meeting at this restored barn for a potluck lunch. It was awesome. Meet some cool people, ate a ton food, saw some intriguing presentations, and a demo of one of the law enforcement dogs (wish I got a picture, all black German Shepherd named Herc). Just a great day overall. I have my first official day tomorrow at the campsite so I will be packing up tonight for the weekend until Monday.

Oh I meet a guy that does trialthons and the local road races so that was an easy talking point with him. He is afraid I am gonna do the local 10k in July because he wants to win it. I am gonna do the 5k and try to take down the course record. Gives me something to look forward to in the summer for racing and keeping me focused in my training.

And as I was sitting here using the wifi downtown, a couple asked to use my iPad to check their email to see if someone was going to be running late. I felt pretty important. Haha. Of course I let them use it then there were off on their way.

I won't be updating this until Monday night or Tuesday morning for whoever is following. Catch ya guys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment