New Bedford

New Bedford

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

LÄRABAR Ambassador

February 16th - 22nd: 67 total miles with a solid 10 mile road race in Amherst, MA.

Monday: Started off the week terribly with my car battery being dead in Karen’s driveway. She already left for work so I was riding solo. I called a couple towing companies to assess the situation better. They stated there are a few people in the same situation. It would be a while. Ughh. I called my co-worker to cover my training class. Ended up calling my buddy Pete Rowell who came through in the clutch and drove over within 15 minutes of contacting him. We picked up a new battery right down road and drove back to install it. NOTE: The windchill was roughly -25 degrees. A free toolkit (provided by my mom’s old work) was all I had sitting in my trunk to change out the old battery. Somehow, we succesfully changed the battery (a couple indoor breaks to prevent any frostbite and regain feeling back in the fingertips) and my baby started right up. Thanks again Pete and hope you end up reading this!

I made a pit stop at home before heading to work to find a large care package. Ripped it open like a kid on Christmas morning and found 300 LÄRABARS plus a few other goodies. My face shows my excitement...


A free box of LÄRABARs!

6 miles (NT) in the evening on the treadmill after work in Guilderland to top off the day of adventure.

Tuesday: 4 miles (31+) solo in the AM. 4 (28+) solo on the treadmill.

Wednesday: 10 miles total. 4 x Hills Rd with Goup. 2:51, 2:46, 2:41, 2:39. Quality workout and hills are always something I enjoy. Back to work at 6pm for a scheduled meeting for 15-20 minutes. Luckily I live less than 5 miles from work.

Thursday: 5 miles (41:45) with Karen. Snowing a bunch. 5 miles (NT) on the treadmill.

Friday: 3.5 miles (NT) on the treadmill in the AM. 6.5 miles (NT) on the treadmill in the PM.

Saturday: 5 miles (NT) on the roads with Karen in Albany before heading to Leominster, Mass for the weekend. Lee Outlets to hit up the Nike Factory Store. A bunch of deals and left with a bag full of merchandise. Dinner and a movie at my Sarah and Bob's house.

Sunday: DH Jones 10 Miler. 18 miles on the day. A solid 4th place finish in 52:28. Ran tough, smart and consistent. Race report and pictures to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment