New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Write a Plan, Stick to It

February 2nd - February 8th: 69 miles

Monday: Off. Snowstorm. Drove to the gym and it was closed due to weather. Shoveled the driveway and walkway for some cross-training.

Tuesday: 10 miles (74+) down in Albany. Sloppy roads, but got the miles in. Easy on the legs.

Wednesday: 8 miles (54+) in Albany on the UAlbany campus due to the sloppy main roads and the concern of bad drivers.

Thursday: 7 miles (NT) at 5am with Willow Street women. 9 miles (60+) with Shaun Donegan at his house in Malta. 16 for the day and felt good. Brutally cold, but bundled up right.

Friday: 7+ miles (NT) with Renee from my house. Goup yelled at me to not run in the afternoon because we are still slowly working back into the miles and I ran 16 the day before between 2 runs. Oops - my bad.

Saturday: 2.5 mile warmup. 4 x Hills Road (1/2 mile). 2:50, 2:45, 2:47, 2:45. 2.5 mile cooldown. Work from 9:30am-6:30pm. Another 4 miles (with new trainers) in the evening to make it 13 for the day.

Sunday: 15 miles (1:50+) on snowy roads in the morning. 1st half on my own. 2nd half with Karen. Work from 11:30am-5:30pm.

A quality week of training with a day off. After this week, Goup is writing a strict training plan because we both know that's exactly what I need to prevent me from running stupid. I  don't have the issue of logging the miles. The issue is when I should stop logging in the miles for the day or week.

Stylin.

No comments:

Post a Comment