New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Funday

January 13th: 8:30am wakeup. Relaxed in bed for a bit before tackling the day. Organized my mounds and mounds of laundry that was overtaking my room and desperately in need of a cleaning. Sorted out all my boxers and socks to make sure if any of it was completed, it was atleast those two neccesities. I was resorting to all of my backups for socks and boxers. Kimber volunteered to wash the dishes. I continued to sort my laundry and figure out my iCloud backup system for my iPad and iPhone.

Changed up for a long run and out the door at 12:20ish. 14++ miles (1:39:54) on my own. Calves were tight for the first 9 miles or so. Stopped and stretched. Stopped again quickly a few miles later for a bathroom break. Snow works well as toilet paper. It was a magnificent day because the weather allowed me to rock shorts. Felt epic. Back to stretch, foam roll and make a diesel protein shake. Protein powder, milk, ice cubes, spoonful of peanut butter, chocolate syrup, white chocolate chips and a whole banana. Magic Bullet to blend that right up.

Kimber and I made creamy apple oatmeal in the slow cooker before I left for my run. I had a bowl of that and followed it with a decent sized bowl of Honey Combs. The spoon is an standard size spoon for eating. You can use that for a comparison.

Bowl courtesy of my sister Sarah
 
Over to the laundromat with Kimber around 3pm. Kimber received the honor of witnessing my management sytem of my clothes at the among the washer machines and oversized dryers. I am extremely particular when it comes down to dividing my clothes for washing and drying. Too complicated and precise to reveal to the rest of the world right now. Kimber sat on the sidelines for the most part.

Look what we found at the laundromat (Chelsea puppers!)
 
Home by 5ish. Kimber packed up and headed out back to NH. Renee picked us up for the Adirondack Grand Prix Awards Ceremony at Fleet Feet. Free dinner (lots of cookies), see all the other local talent (masters, aged graded and open) and a hefty check suffices as a quality night.

Home by 9pm. Chilled and bed by 10 or so.

The week was almost exactly what I planned for. 70 miles. 2 quality workouts, a couple quick paced runs, and a long run. The only thing was I only lifted twice this past week. It will be another 2 day lift week because the Greater Boston Track Club Meet at Harvard in Massachusetts is on Sunday. Mile/800 double!

No comments:

Post a Comment