New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, May 25, 2012

Wheelin and Dealin

May 24th: 5am wakeup. Out of bed at 5:15am. Made some pasta while I made breakfast. Bowl of cereal and a bagel with veggie cream cheese for the ride. Work 6am-2:30pm. Quick day at work. Porkchop and pasta for the third and final time. I love leftovers so it doesn't bother me.

Immediately began researching oil changes in the Clifton Park area over the phone while still in the parking lot. It was between Jiffy Lube and Valvoline. I obviously called both places to get the prices. $40 at Jiffy Lube compared to $34 at Vavoline. Jiffy Lube was a bit more enthusiastic over the phone and I found a $5 dollar coupon off an oil change. So I decided on Jiffy Lube. Dropped the car off and waited about 20-25 minutes in the waiting room. All done. I step up to the plate to pay for my bill and show the $5 coupon on my phone. The girl told me there is a $10 coupon out there and she entered that one. Ca-chang! Ended up being $32.xx after tax. Not bad. Off to Da Choppa to pick up snacks for the weekend. I ended up with a Almond Fudge Balance Bar, a Peanut Butter Cookie Lara Bar, two things of Raspberry Powerbar energy chews, a Maple Nut Clif Bar, a Twix Bar and a packet of peanut M&Ms (the last two were at the cash register, I couldn't give up the 2/$1 deal).

Back to the apartment by 4:15ish. Relaxed. Goupil home at 4:40 or so. We weren't in any rush to get out the door so Goupil played video games while I talked to Kimber and my sister Sarah on the phone. Ending up Facetiming with my sister and see her new wittle puppers, Tucker. Finally got ready for a run at 5:45ish and headed out at 6:15ish (Yeah I know alot of -ishes). Ending up with a very slow and relaxed 11++ miles (86:02). Legs were junk after the workout, but that's not a bad thing.

Back to stretch and foam roll at 7:40pm.  Immediately started to make my dinner/lunch for the next day. Burger with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, fresh tomato, and ketchup all wrapped up in a tortilla. Back into the kitchen to cook lunch (ate the burger in less than 5 minutes). Chicken marinated in hot sauce, some of the best chicken rub (that's what it says on the container), chili powder, and cayenne powder. Steamed broccoli. Sautéed avocado and tomato. No pasta. Just veggies and meat. Showered. Gathered my things for bed. Sticked the legs. Iced the calves. Asleep by 9:30pm. Early morning run is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment